Brian Williams Takes Temporary Hiatus from NBC Nightly News0 Comments

By admin
Posted on 08 Feb 2015 at 9:06am

Brian Williams announced that he will be taking a break from anchoring NBC Nightly News for “the next several days”, according to a statement released on NBC News. Lester Holt will sit in in the interim.

brian-williams

The announcement comes after a piece aired on Nightly News last week in which Williams told a story of how a military helicopter he was passenger in while on assignment in Iraq was hit by an RPG. He then clarified those details Wednesday, when he told viewers that he made a mistake in his initial retelling of the incident—and that he and his team were in an aircraft following a helicopter that was hit.

Here is Williams full statement to NBC News staff:

“In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions.

As Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days, and Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us.”

Photos: Courtesy of NBC
ADVERTISEMENT

All Entertainment

None found.
Read Also
Advertisement
You might also likeclose
+ +